CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

10 reasons why I hate MRI's -condensed

1. It takes for ever to get in even when you have an appointment
2. No metal is allowed-in other words, strip down to medical gowns which leaves you in the cold! ugh
3. I have to repeat what metal I do have such as my retainer and brain clips about 4 times. Makes you wish they write it down the first time just like choir directors tell their students to do. eh eh eh! Then they don't even trust me that I even have brain clips (why would I lie about such a thing?)
4. Ear pieces never stay in my ear
5. No radio to listen to
6. If there is a radio to listen it's never loud enough
7. The banging from the MRI is extremely loud (talk about going deaf)
8. MRI machine shakes
9. I'm a small person, my veins are small, thus 9/10 times I get poked twice for contrast. I'll end up with two bruises
10. By the time the MRI is complete, I have a major migraine.

is there any other way to check for brain tumors? I can handle the needles by now-drawling blood and all but the banging and shaking for 45minutes to an hour and a half, my mind and body can't take it. Sorry for the complaining but I hate MRI's.

2 Happy gram:

LM said...

ugh! I can't take it either. Sorry, but it's probablly worth it!

mommy said...

sorry you had to go through that - yuck!