CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Dating panel

I was asked tonight before the dating panel FHE what I wanted in a guy. Surrounded by guys I knew I had to be careful with what I said. I simply said that I could not perfect a guy without perfecting myself first and with doing so I will not make a list of what I want in a guy without have a list of what I want in myself for the man I marry someday. Of course that did not go smoothly and they insisted on at least two things that I wanted in a man. Without a break for thought, I blurted out, "Read The Family a Proclamation to the World, and I want a man who will be worthy to and will want to take me to the temple often... Often!" Let's just say that I was not asked for anything more or why, but I was shocked at my own response just as much as the men in front of the institute were. No one said a word until someone brought up the question of blind dates.
Over my few years of experience I can honestly say that those two things do answer what I want in a man. If he is able to take me to the temple constantly then he will be worth my time, money, effort, and love. If he is willing to follow the Proclamation to the world and be that son of God that he was foreordained to be then I am willing to struggle to with him to raise a family in righteousness unto the lord.
I did not think a question like this would ever come up, but it did and I am glad that I was able to answer it. Sure looks are part of the picture (haha), but in the end I wouldn't want to be in love with someone and not have them for eternity.

2 Happy gram:

Trista said...

That's such a perfect answer! You are SOOO on the right path! I'm so excited for what your future holds! Miss you!

Heidi said...

i would have high-fived you. excellent answers. they were looking for surface answers, and you gave them something deep that they didn't know how to respond to. ;) way to go! i hope you get that sort of man some day... i sure did. aaaaah. :)