CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two Doves and a Gackle!

Today we had a huge project going on around our house. In our back yard we have two huge trees that, during any storm, could fall over and hit our home. Thus our goal today was to cut both of the trees down! Well, we succeed, but not without decapitating a bird, and becoming the new parents of three new baby birds. I feel really bad about the one that died and about the two other baby birds that are going to die cuz I just can't help them. They are both doves, I think. However, they are just too young. I don't even think they can open their eyes. And I feel horrible about the three eggs, but I'm glad that I can feed the Gackle! I'm growing fond of it! I keep holding it and I know that it's not bird food but I was told by an expert that they eat it anyways! I feed it Dog food! Carefully. It already bit me too! Ah, pets...

3 Happy gram:

Natalie Francis said...

How cute is that! I feel bad for the other bird but I'm glad you're helping out! I'm also glad you were able to cut down the trees. Impressive after brain surgery :)

The Turley Times said...

I've got to bring the kids over to see the birds!

nelson6 said...

Oh, poor little birdie, you're so sweet to take care of it! You're a mother bird.