CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

"Skiing is a dance, and the Mountain always leads."








Friday morning Uncle Jay and I got in comfortable cloths-mine wear my pj's- and headed for Loveland, CO for the ski slopes! We had all our gear in the truck, including the food and water, and no worries, just excitment! Cutting the long, sweet driving which went pretty fast, we arrived in no time. That's when it being more that just exciting, it became blood-pumping exhilarating! After putting the gear on correcting (after a few trys- boots are hard to buckle) we marched, or so it seemed, to the bus to catch a ride to the bunny hills!
By the way, thank you Tamara for the clothes! I was so warm! Everything fit perfectly! Gloves, hat, neck warmer, thermals! Wow!
K so back to the skiing story, Jay taught me how to walk up the snow slope forward and sideways and then I learned how to plow. Then it was to the lift. Jay walked me through the whole thing! On and off so that I wouldn't fall like all the other kids! Yeah I saw them fall left and right. Luckily I had a pro teaching me how to do things. Plowing and turning is the key to everything, which is what I learned next. I have to say that plowing is so hard on the hips! But skiing is a blast! I even got off the bunny hills! without my knowledge! I had to jump off the lift because i was so short too! On that one i bift! Even on the run. I took a huge fall, tumble head first and landed face in the snow! Ha ha I think the hardest part was trying to lift my ski up or trying to lift my head up the next day! I suggest that every one give the bunny hills a try!

0 Happy gram: